ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Monday, April 25, 2011

Picnic Table InStyle

Did you all have a fabulous Easter? I can say mine was Great! It was so much fun watching Miss A with her basket and eggs. I think the poor girl is still on a sugar high! We had to put the basket and candy up before noon! So we hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. 
Once Again since we already have this project done and I LOVE it I thought I would share and help get you motivated for Summer. Here in Utah we are still waiting for Spring! Yes we woke up to snow yesterday morning, Yuck!

The Theme was Outdoor. It could be anything outdoor and it was perfect theme for me.  My outside needs some SERIOUS TLC! It has been a couple years since we focused on the outside of our house! So I narrowed down my list and decided on this...
Photobucket
Last summer we were given a wooden picnic table. YEAH! Well it wasn't pretty but the price was right in my budget! I knew it needed a new coat of paint (desperately!) But at the end of summer that was the last thing I do!
Photobucket
I was looking at some fun furniture catalogs (seriously 700 bucks for an outdoor table...OUTDOOR!). I didn't enjoy the prices but loved there super fun cushions and fabrics on all of the chairs.  Well that lead to me wanting to add some fun fabric to my picnic table. I headed to the store and found 2 yards of fun bright fabric and vinyl to protect and keep it bright and pretty! For Paint I  decided I could just touch up the grey paint color.  Once I got home I realized I wanted a bright table to match my fun fabric  that I was going to add to the benches. So back to the store and there it was calling me "Seaside Blue", perfect!  I Headed home and quickly got to sanding and scrapping.

I painted the benches and let them dry overnight The next day I painted the Table and while the paint was drying on the table I got to work on my cushioned seats. I had one of the egg foam mattresses left over in our basement and it worked perfect I simply placed my bench on my foam, fabric and vinyl to measure it.  To add my fabric I simply stapled it to the underside of the bench. The corners were a little tricky I folded them then stapled so it came out square. A lot like Tara did with her homemade canvas  Then I added the vinyl I wanted my fabric to be weather proof and mainly kid proof. I added it next and folded the edges the same way as the fabric.
I am so happy with my results It is weather protected. Miss A even got to lick the frost off of the benches! I Love the end results. What do you think?

Photobucket      
Now what to do with all of my extra Seaside blue paint! Any suggestions?

Enjoy,

20 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! I love the fabric and that blue screams summer!

    Best,
    Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so bummed that you got cut from OMTWI!!! I love your picnic table! So creative as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! We have one too that looks a lot like your Before...it came with our house and I love it! This is really giving me some ideas! Thanks it looks so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just GORGEOUS!! I LOVE turquoise....if I had a picnic table laying around, I would do this in a minute!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great - what a fabulous idea! Love the color :) Visiting from BeColorful - I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. I can't believe the transformation. I will have to start looking for one of these to redo like this. I bet you and your little will have a lot of fun this summer with your cute table

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this idea! We also have a picnic table that desperately needs a face lift! Great idea to add padding to the benches. Love the color you chose too- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been OBSESSED with that paint color around my house lately! Now, if I could just get my hands on a picnic table .... :)~
    Great job!
    I'm a new follower!
    I'd love you to come check out Little Lucy Lu sometime, if you want! :-)
    ~Bec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a transformation!! Makes you want to go right out and have a picnic!So glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE IT! Such a fabulous idea! Thanks for linking up! I'll be featuring this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. look at that table! so fun! great colors.

    a new follower!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the seats!!! And the color!!! :) Such a fun makeover!!! :) Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the transformation! Those seats look nice and comfy now! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute! Love it! You've been featured on my party this week, thanks for linking up last week!!

    http://itssewforyou.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-sew-fun-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kori, your picnic table turned out beautifully! I love the colors!

    Thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..." and for sharing your talent!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the seats! {I sure beats splinters from the wood on bare legs, eh?}

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday! Hope to see you back this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so much fun! I'm featuring you as a Friday Fav tomorrow at naptimecrafters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This picnic table is looking absolutely beautiful! I love the blue color and I love that it is the old table renewed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...