ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Monday, May 23, 2011

From Boy to Minnie!

Miss A was invited to a Minnie Mouse Birthday party! I had already made he a Minnie Skirt and she needed a black top to go with it. Well having a huge selection of quick stores to run to aka Wal-Mart (yes I knew about the party for weeks and I totally put it off!) After the crappy week I had last week of course locating a black shirt was next to impossible! I am very lucky to have awesome friends and Heidi came to my rescue with this black shirt. It was a boys shirt with a pocket but I was NOT picky! I knew what I would do. DSC_2468Do you ever have an awesome image in your head and know there is no way you can mess it up?! Well this was one of those ideas and YES totally messed it up, but I also saved it. That should count right!!

I started by taking off the pocket and gutting the cute invitation. I used my glue stick and stuck the Mickey head to the shirt.  Make sure your glue stick is washable!DSC_2469Next I broke out my Clorox bleach pen! DSC_2474I went around the entire Mickey working from the Mickey out. In my head this would have made cool white streaks that would look like the Mickey Head was busting out of the shirt! DSC_2475 Because it was Black I didn't think it would go Orange (keep this in mind for Halloween!) I let the Bleach sit on the shirt for 30 minutes to get it as light as possible.DSC_2491 I pulled off the Mickey head and rinsed out my shirt. I was a little bummed and thinking CRAP! What will I do know.DSC_2492 I have to admit my AWESOME Mickey was looking more like a Bear/Lion and NOTHING like a Mickey. I must say I felt a little sad and alone. I knew it was a total fail so I really couldn't hurt it by trying some options. I ran to my craft room and grabbed my fabric markers to try to at least make a Pink Bear Lion shirt!!DSC_2493 Well not loving it or knowing who to call and bounce ideas off of I decided to attempt an idea seen only attempted by children!DSC_2494 I grabbed my Black sharpies and started coloring!! I know, I know, but this is what I ended up with!DSC_2503 I even got complements on her shirt! WOOHOO!! I was a little proud of myself and I now know what NOT to do!!

What are some fun ideas you have used your bleach pen for besides that swear word , housework! ;)

kori

11 comments:

  1. I have used a bleach pen on a cheap pair of dark blue kicks to make them tie die for the fourth of july.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute! I hate/love when projects go like that, but then you end up with something so awesome in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good thing you kept going! looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great recovery - so good you kept going! That is a such a cute Minnie costume!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute is this! you did an awesome job!!!

    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kori, excellent,creative and resourceful save of a frustrating potential craft-fail situation. We've all been there, and it can be so tempting just to throw in the towel. I'm glad you kept your wits about you and rose to the occasion! Your daughter's costume turned out adorable! Kudos mom!

    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes mistakes turn into the best creations :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    http://itssewforyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you for posting a project that didn't turn out exactly as planned... it happens to everyone and it's nice to feel like you're not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent save! I love seeing projects that don't turn out as planned but still come out amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. However, the problem is that when you have a standard iphone - you can't download and use these applications.
    You merely just faucet every you want to activate, then click "Respring." I like to mix and match.



    Here is my site: cydia online testing.host22 ()

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...