Recently I have been selected to be a guest host on Moms Of All Trades which is such a beautiful blog and such wonderful ladies that run it! Thank you very much Kori and Tara for this fantastic opportunity!
I've been asked to say a few things about myself, and that's the most difficult thing for me to do.. I can say loads of things about others, but when it comes to me, I draw a blank most of the time.
So, here goes... I just turned 40 on May 15th, I've been married to a wonderful man for 17 years. Our son will turn 16 this July. We've lived in our house for 15 years and I love it here!
I create jewelry and sell it in my online shop called Cobalt Moon Jewelry.
I am a Twilight fanatic! I've read all 4 of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Saga books, at least 10 times each and the online book that was posted of Edward Cullen's version, at least 15 times! My parents and sister are my best friends and I rely on them quite a bit for moral support.
That's about all I can think of, I don't want to bore y'all any more.. lol
So, here's what I've decided to share with y'all :
I ran across this yummy recipe that I have made several times for my family. It can feed a small army!
It's called Mojito Chicken found on Food.com
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 chicken breasts, skinned and boneless
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
- 6 mint sprigs
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions (Prep time 15 min. Total time 40 min.)
1. Combine lime zest, lime juice, orange juice, honey, garlic, cumin, chopped mint, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl.
2. Transfer one half of mixture into a covered container and refrigerate.
3. Transfer the remaining the remainder of the mixture into a gallon size Zip Lock bag and add the chicken.
4. Squeeze out the air from bag and seal.
5. Let chicken marinade for at least 2 hours, or over night.
6. Cook rice according to package directions, set a side
7. Preheat skillet
8. Remove the chicken from the bag and discard excess marinade.
9. Place chicken in skillet and cook for 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
10. While chicken is cooking, pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to boil.
11. Transfer cooked chicken to a cutting board and cut into cubes transfer chicken to platter and spoon hot marinade on top.
12. Garnish with lime wedges and a sprig of mint and serve.
Thank you to Kori and Tara for inviting me to guest host with y'all!!